Members of the Pension Board
The employer representatives are:
- Councillor Chris Windows
- Councillor Chris Jackson
The employee representatives are:
- Gary Spindler
- Chris Taylor
Matters for which the Pension Board is Responsible
The function of the Local Pension Board is to assist the Scheme Manager in administering the various firefighter pension schemes. This will be achieved by providing governance and by scrutiny of policies, pension documentation, decisions and outcomes.
The Local Pension board will also assist the scheme manager to:
- Secure compliance with the scheme regulations and other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the scheme, and any connected scheme;
- Secure compliance with any requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator and;
- In relation to any other matter specified in scheme regulations
Pension Board Terms of Reference
- The Pension Board Terms of Reference can be found here.
- The Code of Conduct Policy can be found here.
- The Conflicts of Interest Policy can be found here.
Pension Board Appointment Process
AFA employer representatives shall be appointed to the Board. Employer representatives with delegated responsibility for discharging the scheme manager function of AFA may not serve as employer representatives. Employer representatives should be able to demonstrate their capacity to attend and complete the necessary preparation for meetings and participate in training as required. Employer representatives shall be appointed by AFA in a manner which it considers best promotes the purpose of the Board.
AFA employee representatives shall be appointed to the Board. Employee representatives will be active members of one of the firefighter pension schemes administered by AFA. Employee representatives should be able to demonstrate their capacity to attend and complete the necessary preparation for meetings and participate in training as required.