Based at: Technical Services, Nova Way, Avonmouth
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday-Friday 5 days a week)
Salary: Hay 10 (£18,070-£20,138 per annum)
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 1st March 2018
We have a vacancy for an Equipment Technician to be responsible for the day to day maintenance and operational readiness of breathing apparatus sets, resuscitation and a range of other protective equipment.
The successful applicant will assist in maintaining the breathing apparatus and protective equipment register, database’s and maintenance records, and assist in ensuring that the Service's operational equipment and fire hydrants are safe and operationally ready, by undertaking maintenance, repairs, basic adaptations and testing as necessary. To be considered as a candidate you must meet the following essential criteria:
- Be familiar with the operation and/or maintenance of Fire Service equipment.
- Be familiar with the practical use and maintenance of protective equipment and be able to identify and undertake remedial repair works.
- Be familiar with Health & Safety legislation and understand its relevance with regards to the testing and maintenance of protective equipment.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Have basic IT skills to read and record information on relevant software.
- Able to make reasoned and defendable decisions.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and use initiative to complete tasks to customer requirements.
- Able to work in a methodical and logical manner when tracing or diagnosing faults.
- Be in possession of a current full driving licence.
Technical knowledge of a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment, including pumps, hydraulics and generators would be an advantage, as would possession of an LGV licence. To see the full duties of the role and candidate criteria required please see the job description provided.
How to apply:
The job description is available on our website www.avonfire.gov.uk.