Based at: Service Headquarters, Valley Road, Portishead BS20 8JJ
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Hay 9 (£20,661 - £23,398)
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 1st March 2018
We have a vacancy for a Democratic Services Assistant / Personal Assistant to the Statutory Officers to provide a fully comprehensive and confidential secretarial service to the Fire Authority’s Statutory Officers (the Clerk who is the Monitoring Officer and the Treasurer who is the Chief Finance Officer) and other Service Management Board Members as required.
Your duties will include preparing and despatching agendas, liaising with Members and taking and circulating minutes of the various committees, panels and working groups attended by Members you will undertake word processing of letters, memos, legal documents, reports and briefing papers as directed, by way of copy typing, audio or shorthand.
To be considered as a candidate for this role it is essential that you meet the following criteria:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal tactfully with the Chair, Political Group Leaders and other members of the Fire Authority, senior managers, staff and external contacts. It is essential that when carrying out the role you act in a politically neutral manner.
- Previous secretarial experience.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and have a good telephone manner.
- Able to take and prepare accurate minutes of meetings.
- Able to create and set out detailed reports and basic legal documents together with an ability to undertake research, collate information and prepare letters and reports.
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload, and work to deadlines.
Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint or similar presentation packages would be an advantage, as would knowledge of the role of the CFA.
In return, we will offer you 24 days annual holiday (plus public holidays), and enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme. Based at our newly developed Headquarters in Portishead, you will also have access to kitchen, restaurant and coffee bar facilities, multi-gym, sports hall, and free parking.
Please note - as this post is based at our new Headquarters which we share with Avon & Somerset Police, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a security clearance check.
To see the full duties of the role and candidate criteria required please see the job description provided.
How to apply:
The job description is available on our website www.avonfire.gov.uk.