The Local Government Transparency Code was published by the Department for Communities and Local Government in May 2014 and updated in 2015. The Code sets out key principles for local authorities in creating greater transparency through the publication of public data. The Code sets out a mandatory and recommended set of data for publication. The data subjects listed below are taken from the Code.
- Expenditure exceeding £500
- Procurement and credit card transactions
- Procurement information and waste disposal contracts
- Local authority land and premises
- Organisation Charts
- Trade union facility time
- Senior salaries and pay Multiple
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
Avon Fire Authority does not give grants but is committed to forming or joining Community Safety partnerships that assist us in achieving our organisational priorities. Community Safety Partnerships are established on a regular basis and where appropriate this may include an element of funding which would be recorded and monitored through an official partnership agreement.